Chef, Food Journalist, Father & Anti Food-Snob
Beginning his cooking career at the bright-eyed age of 17 in Sydney, Australia, Mike never believed he would one-day prepare meals for such clientele as Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. Mike has cooked in some of Sydney’s and Toronto’s most acclaimed restaurants and has owned and operated several catering companies over the years. Mike has had a rare and valuable mix of both successful culinary and media careers. In early 2000 Mike expanded his creative pursuits beyond restaurants to include producing and directing award winning cooking/travel/lifestyle television series that have been viewed in over 40 countries.
In addition, Mike also;
- Recently signed a cookbook deal with the release date being slated for early 2018.
- Writes and hosts a weekly food radio show on SiriusXM called Devour that reaches a US audience of 30 million & 3 million in Canada.
- Appears regularly on several radio outlets and cooks on television on Cityline (Canada’s #1 rated national morning lifestyle show) and on-camera for various other outlets.
- Is the former Food Editor-in-Chief of Canadian Living (Canada’s #1 food/lifestyle magazine).
- Creates food content for many major food brands.
- Writes for The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Sun, 24 Hours (national), Hoss Magazine, Domino and several other magazines and online outlets including having his recipes featured on virtually all the top food sites.
- Regularly hosts and emcee’s food and culinary events including the Visa Dining series and Taste of Toronto.
- Demo cooks at, and hosts numerous charity events, in addition to most of Canada’s major food festivals and culinary events.
- Has been engaged to consult on a national 2017 Food Trend Advisory Board.
- Has his own YouTube channel with views recently crossing the 4 million mark.
- Serves as a consult to Centennial Colleges’ culinary department to develop curriculum and guest instruct industry relevant culinary courses.
- Is involved in many charities including Dancing with Parkinsons.
His personal passion remains finding solutions and working with organizations that can and are actualizing the concept of fair and accessible good quality food for people of all economic levels. Whether it be a quiet night at home teaching his two daughters how to use the “grown up” knives, in a foreign country directing a cooking series, or flying his beloved 2-seater aerobatic aircraft, Mike’s insatiable appetite for food and adventure continues to drive him to explore and create.