Potato & Prawn Salad w Lemon Yoghurt, Capers & Radish
Serves 4 – Takes 20 mins
This no-brainer salad is bursting with all the bold summer flavours I love… Bright and light! Takes 20 mins to kick the butt of ol’ man winter.
- 250gms large shrimp, peel (save and set aside the heads and shells), slice along the back, devein and cook in well salted water. Strain and set aside.
- 400gms baby white potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces, cook to fork tender (in well salted water) and cooled. Add the shrimp shells and heads to the water for extra flavour.
- 2 radishes thinly sliced (a mandolin makes it easy)
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. of finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp. torn fresh dill
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup 0% fat greek yoghurt
- zest of ½ lemon
- good pinch of salt
In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients, check seasoning. Then assemble shrimp and potatoes on a large platter, dollop over dressing, add radishes, capers, chives and dill, drizzle over a little olive oil, fresh cracked pepper and a wedge of lemon. A sprinkling of smoked paprika is also lovely. Goes heavenly with a crisp fruity white wine.