Roasted Chicken w Olives, Rosemary & Capers
This super rich one pan heart-warming roasted chicken dish is a celebration of some of my fav ingredients. The sauce is so heavenly I use it the next day with pasta.
- 1.5kgs of chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 finely diced white onion
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 4 tbsps. of capers
- Medium sized tin of crushed tomatoes (approx. 500mls)
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar (I prefer Maille vinegar)
- 1 cup of black olives (seeds removed)
- 1 tsp. crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
- Bunch of rosemary
In a medium/high heat pan brown off chicken pieces (season with salt/pepper), remove from pan and set aside.
Remove any excess fat from pan, drop to med heat, add onions and garlic, sauté until almost brown (opaque), then add capers and balsamic. Let balsamic reduce by approx. half (2 mins) add tin of crushed tomatoes, sugar, olives, chilli flakes, chicken pieces, a few sprigs of rosemary and additional seasoning.
Slide into oven at 425 for 20 mins without a lid. Remove from oven, check for seasoning, serve with cous cous, quinoa or roasted sweet potatoes and bottle of your fav Aussie red. ;)