Sausage & Potato Salad w Cornichin & Walnuts
Prep time 10 mins/cook time 20 mins
We all get those cold weather cravings for meat and potatoes… but if you’re like me you don’t want to eat something that will send you to sleep. This dish hits those big flavour notes but it’s light and fresh - best of both worlds.
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced Maille cornichons
- 1/3 cup cornichon brine
- 1 ½ lb. small red potatoes, halved boiled and cooled (not overcooked)
- 5 or 6 sausages of choice, cooked, cooled sliced into ¾ inch pieces
- ½ cup finely diced white onion
- ½ cup rough chopped walnuts
- ½ cup rough chopped parsley
- ½ cup rough chopped basil
In a small mixing bowl combine Dijon, olive oil, cornichons and brine, season with salt/pepper and set aside. You want the dressing a little on the salty side as it’s seasoning the potatoes (and potatoes like salt).
In a large bowl gently combine potatoes, sausages, onion, walnuts, parsley, basil and dressing, give a final check for seasoning. You’re done.