Sweet Potato & Curried Turkey Chilli “Nachos”
Serves 4 – Takes 1 hour
All the heavenly bold flavours you love with nachos without the crappy bloating and self-loathing. I gotcha back… and your taste buds covered.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 200 grams ground turkey (ground beef or chicken works also)
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water (approx.)
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt (I use 0% fat, but any type works)
- Green onions, finely sliced (to taste)
- Red chili, finely sliced (to taste)
Preheat oven to 400F.
Spike sweet potatoes a few times with a fork, place on a baking tray and roast for around 45 mins to 1 hour, or until fork tender (don’t add oil, salt or pepper).
Meanwhile, in a large fry pan on medium/high heat add a splash of olive oil, add turkey, onions, carrots, curry powder and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until meat is browned off. Crush meat with the back of a wooden spoon to ensure mince is all evenly sized and crumbled. As meat begins to brown add ketchup and water. Reduce heat and simmer down until mixture creates a gravy. Add water as required. Check seasoning.
Remove potatoes from oven, slice open and spoon over turkey chilli, add a dollop of yoghurt and garnish with green onions and chili to taste.