Thai Chicken Salad
All my favourite bold Asian flavours in every mouthful. This recipe also makes a great base to explore with - swap out the chicken for beef, pork, even seafood.
Serves 4 – cooking time 15 mins/prep time 3 hours
4 to 6 chicken thighs
Chicken marinade/salad dressing
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 1 large or 2 small red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped snow peas
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup dry roasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup rough chopped cilantro
- 5/6 red chilies (to taste)
Mix all marinade/dressing ingredients in a bowl, separate in half and add one half along with chicken thighs in a ziplock bag or another bowl for a minimum of 2 hours. 3 or 4 hours is better. Set other half of dressing a side.
Meanwhile, in a bowl add finely cut red peppers, snow peas, green onions, sesame seeds, peanuts, cilantro and chilis, and toss with remainder of the dressing.
Remove chicken from marinade, season, grill, slice into 1/2 inch slices and place atop salad. Garnish with extra cilantro and roasted sesame seeds. Eat!