my Ulti"mate" Burger
Takes 20 mins - serves 4.
No apologies here... This multi-national nap-inducer pulls inspiration from Australia, France and Asia. Around my house it don't get no better.
- 2 pounds good quality ground beef (not too lean)
- 1 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 500 gms brie or camembert (room temp)
- 1 cup arugula (or to taste)
- 2 small/1 large finely chopped white onions
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mayo (or to taste)
- Onion buns (or buns of choice)
In a heavy bottom pot on medium heat add thinly chopped onion, balsamic and soy. Reduce until onions are soft and sauce has reduced and thickened - approx. 10/15 mins. If sauce becomes too thick add a splash of water.
Combine beef with sun-dried tomatoes and a good crack of fresh pepper. Season patties with salt when on the grill. Cook to personal preference. In the last moments of grilling top patties with brie (you want it just beginning to melt). Grill the inside of buns, add mayo, patties, caramelized onions & arugula.
PLEASE don't eat more than 3!