Poached Salmon w Ginger & Peanuts
Takes 15 mins - Serves 2
Gorgeous poached salmon recipe with BIG Asian flavours all in one pan!
- 2 salmon filets, skin off (approx. 5 ounces per filet)
- 4 bok choy, cut into halves (or any Asian veg, even broccoli)
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Chili (to taste)
- 4 stalks finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 4 Tbsp raw peanuts (roasted is fine too)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
In a pan add a half-inch of water, garlic, chili, 2 tbsp sliced ginger, salt/pepper. Bring broth to a gentle simmer. Add salmon, turn after 3 minutes (3 mins per side). When done remove and add bok choy to broth, simmer for 60 secs, remove, strain. Meanwhile…
In a cup mix soy, sesame oil and ginger.
Plate bok choy (be sure to let excess poaching liquid drain from bok choy), place poached salmon on top, add finely chopped chili (to taste), green onion, coriander, smashed peanuts and dressing. Wasn't that EASY?