Roasted Chicken w Olives, Rosemary & Capers
This super rich one pan heart-warming roasted chicken dish is a celebration of some of my fav ingredients. The sauce is so heavenly I use it the next day with pasta.
- 1.5kgs of chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 finely diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. of capers
- Medium sized tin of crushed tomatoes (approx. 500mls)
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of black olives (seeds removed)
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
- Bunch of rosemary
In a medium/high heat pan add a splash of olive oil and brown off chicken pieces (season with salt/pepper), remove from pan and set aside (be sure pat chicken with paper towel to remove excess moisture prior to browning).
Remove any excess fat from pan, drop to medium heat, add onions and garlic, sauté until almost brown (opaque), then add capers and balsamic. Let balsamic reduce by approx. half (2 mins) add tin of crushed tomatoes, sugar, olives, chilli flakes, chicken pieces, a few sprigs of rosemary and additional seasoning.
Slide into oven at 425F for 20 mins without a lid. Remove from oven, check for seasoning, serve with cous cous, quinoa or roasted sweet potatoes and bottle of your fav Aussie red. ;)