Roasted Vegetables w Thyme, & Tomato (vegan)
Takes around 25 mins.
As a carnivore I'm here to announce, you CAN get gorgeous bold flavours from simple veggies when prepared with a little love.
- Sweet potato, peeled (cut into 1/8 inch discs)
- Red sweet potato (not necessary if you cant get them. Cut also into 1/8 inch discs)
- Mushrooms (any type are fine. Rough cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- Zucchini (long slices, 1/4 inch thick)
- Eggplant (cut 1/4 inch thick)
- Red onion (cut 1/4 inch thick)
- Fresh tomato (halved)
- Whole garlic bulb (cut off top of clove)
- Fresh thyme
- Goats cheese (optional)
Slice the veggies and place them on a parchment lined roasting tray (a mandolin is great if you have one). Tweak the quantities to your own preferences. Drizzle veg and garlic with olive oil, sprinkle over fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Roast at 450F for approx 20-25mins, turn veggies half way through.
Warm (Lazy) Marinara
In a pot place:
- 4 roughly chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Healthy splash of olive oil, good amount of salt/pepper
Cook on medium heat for 10/15 minutes, add water if mixture gets too thick. Cook until tomatoes breakdown completely. Check seasoning.
Splash your sauce on a plate, stack vegetables, squeeze out cooked garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil.
*If you're not vegan this dish responds well to a big chunk of goat cheese on top.