Shrimp w Noodles in Spicy Nori Broth
Serves 4 – Takes 15 mins
When it comes to bright, bold flavours Southeast Asia is my go to… and it doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming.
- 2 cups peeled. deveined shrimp (4 to 6 per portion)
- 2 cups noodles (vermicelli, soba, even pasta (thin pasta is best; spaghetti etc.))
- 4 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemongrass, rough chopped
- 3 sheets of nori, (seaweed), finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 bird chilis, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 sheet nori, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
In a pot on medium heat add water, ginger, lemongrass, 3 sheets of nori, soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil. Let simmer for 10/15 mins with lid on. Check seasoning, add salt as required. Strain to remove ginger and lemongrass. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a medium sized pot add 4 inches of water, salt heavily and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling add shrimp. Remove once cooked (approx. 2/3 mins). In the same water add your noodles of choice. Cook until noodles are al dente.
Drain noodles and portion into bowls with shrimp, pour broth into bowls, garnish with chilli, green onions, nori and peanuts.