Turkey, Bean & Spinach Stew
Serves 4 – takes 15 mins
This cozy, soul warming, 15-minute one pot wonder is a popular mid-week go to at my place. The girls don’t mind the hint of chili but you might wanna tweak it for your gangs taste buds.
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey (beef and lamb also work)
- ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 to 5 cups of baby spinach
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
In a large pot over medium-high heat add a splash of olive oil. Add onion, beef, chili flakes, cumin and salt/pepper. Cook, breaking up beef with the back of a wooden spoon until beef is cooked, 5 to 8 mins. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Then add beans, spinach, feta, and oregano. Simmer until feta is almost melted (2 to 5 mins). Check seasoning. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of chili flakes.