Tuscan Tuna, Bean, Basil & Olive Salad
Serves 4 – takes 10 mins
A favourite of mine, fresh, bold and colourful, this Tuscan tuna salad is a single dish meal that captures the best of the Mediterranean in every bite. It’s worth a few extra bucks to grab a good quality jar of tuna fillets but canned will also suffice.
- Can of rinsed/drained cannelloni beans
- 1 jar of good quality tuna filets in oil (or can of tuna)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of black olives
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
-1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp chili flakes (to taste)
Gently toss your beans, tuna, tomatoes, olives and onions in a bowl, add a good splash of olive oil, lemon juice, basil, season to taste, toss and savour.
The chili flakes are optional… I like a little heat but my girls don’t so I’ll add them to my own plate. This is also one of these salads that gets better overnight as the flavours meld.