Waldorf Salad 2.0
Serves 4 – Takes 10 mins
How many times have your grand plans for a full-blown home cooked meal caved under the temptation of a delicious supermarket roast chicken? No judgment here. This recipe however is the perfect stopgap between saving a whack of time, and cooking the gang the dinner you wanted to.
- 1 roasted chicken, roughly shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced (a mandolin works great)
- 3 celery stalks, thin sliced (also great over a mandolin)
- 5 green onion stalks, thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ cup rough chopped walnuts
- 50 grams light blue cheese
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Place the blue cheese in a small bowl and microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir in yoghurt and olive oil. Set aside.
Meanwhile, on a platter lay out chicken, apples, celery, green onions and walnuts. Drizzle over dressing. Crack over fresh pepper and you’re done. Now that’s guilt-free efficiency!